View Single Post
Old 07-23-2005, 12:59 AM   #17
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Re: Whats More Important ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalsfan21
He started whining about leaving when Rudi was showing his stuff while he was injured....Spikes said he wanted to go a few years before he left but dillon all the sudden wanted to go when he heard he would have to share time with a better back...I am glad he is gone it gave Rudi his chance to shine and boy is he shining better then corey did....If he had heart here his records wouldn't have been broken in one season by Rudi so that alone shows what kind of heart his whining ass had.
Hey B21 - the old old Corey Dillon story line seems to bring out the bitterness in some Bungles fans.
I will go along with Bigbensgirl7's take on this one - putting up excellent numbers as a RB while your team shows absolutely no sign of improving must be one of the the most demoralising things for a player to endure.
Dillon could have handled the situation better I grant you - but the way your fans turned on a player who was the lifeblood of your franchise for many years was a pretty poor show too.
We had no end of Bengals fans gloating that we had just bought ourselves a 'cancer' with our trade deal for Corey.....didn't turn out that way did it?
Its amazing how much difference winning more than 6 of your regular season games will make to a players morale.
I think its safe to say both teams come out ahead on this trade - you got a promising young safety in Madeiu Williams (I believe this is correct) with the 2nd round draft pick and focussed on an excellent young RB in Rudi.

I have to say I think you are changing history in retrospect - the team that Rudi is part of is far superior to that which Corey was stuck being a part of.
How Dillon put up all them 1000yd years with such a terrible all round side is anyone's guess.
Dillon is one of the 5 best backs in the league - currently.

ITS PIG-SKIN BABY!

NM
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote