View Single Post
Old 08-15-2006, 08:05 AM   #4
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009
Default Re: Pittsburgh Panthers Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNGold203
looks like a tougher schedule...hope they do well...

A comment...if I may.....(lol)....

I get the perception that alot of folks here dont like Pitt. Is it because they have struggled recently?

I hear alot of Penn State, Notre Dame, Ohio State, WVU, and even some Texas supporters...but very few people even mention this team.

just curious...the one thread I saw that even pertained to Pitt...about Tyler Palko...seemed to be a sounding board for people flaming this school (and Mr. Palko)...

Well, I'm a huge PITT fan but I'm not a Palko fan. His decision making scares me. He tends to get on a roll and then throws a boneheaded INT out of the clear blue. Hence, the many over the years.

As for others on this board. I have no idea. Being born in Pittsburgh and strictly supporting Pittsburgh teams while also being a PITT alum I can't imagine rooting for another college or pro team. Even if I wasn't a PITT alum I would still root for them simply because they are a Pittsburgh based team.

No matter how bad our local teams stink, I could never image rooting for another college or sports franchise. I wouldn't be able to live with myself and when all is said and done; it's just wrong.

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 08-15-2006 at 08:12 AM.
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote