View Single Post
Old 08-15-2006, 10:28 PM   #23
Midnightwriter07
Starter

Member Number: 2305
Default Re: Talks resume -- not that they matter to Ike

True Tony they cant count on a hit every year... that is why they have to be smart about it and maybe overpaying for Taylor ( especially the price he is requesting) may not be very smart.. is amazing to me the conflict people throw out over $500 000 we save over keeping a younger cheaper punter over a vet ... but to pay Taylor 10 plus million signing bonus with a large base salary as well just doesnt make sense. I think that we forget the system the Steelers use makes our corners better...especially when we have our Blitzburgh mindset going and the QB makes mistakes rather than the D Back just making awesome plays. As i have said, I like Taylor, yes he does have potential.. but to pay him that kind of money on potential alone usually doesnt pan out in the NFL. Teams that do that are usually on some sportwriters list of "the worst moves" and a move like that often ends up in dead weight or baggage years down the road. I wouldnt sign him either if i was F/O at this point and wait and take a look at end of season cause what he is asking already is the most he will get even IF he had a standout year and was a PRO BOWL player and considered one of the best.
Midnightwriter07 is offline   Reply With Quote