View Single Post
Old 08-20-2006, 11:22 AM   #8
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290
Default Re: Smizik: Angry Porter should alter attitude

I don't want to question on how the Rooney's do business. I usually totally agree with them. But with all the talk of resigning Ike Taylor. Who really has only had one good year. I know finding really good corners is hard to do. But Joey Porter has proven himself and was huge in bringing the Rooney's their fifth Lombardi Trophey last year. Yes thats a good point that Joey Porter did restructured his deal a few years ago. But thats another point alot of players have restructured their deals to help the Steelers with their salary cap. So why not give Joey a new deal...even if Porter has two years remaining on his contract.

I know that could open a whole new can of worms if the Rooney's do give Porter a new deal. But they have done that in the past for the likes of Kordell Stewart and Tommy Maddox with two years remaining on their contracts. There has to be some worry about Joey's age and his skills might start declining just like Jason Gildon did when he got a big contract. But I just feel that Joey Porter deserves his deal. The guy always works his ass off and had a big part in the Steelers Super Season last year. The Rooney's should reward a player who has put in the hard work and the years that Joey Porter has put in.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote