View Single Post
Old 08-21-2006, 07:55 AM   #6
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413
Default Re: Staley vs Duckett

I"m kind of up in the air on this one. I think it's only fair to give Duce a chance, as the guy hasn't played much at all since he's been here because of his injuries and he did sacrifice his playing time in the playoffs and SB last season so Jerome could have his days in the sun before retiring. I think Duckett has a heap of talent, is fairly big in stature and can break a hole extremely well. He is also 6 years Duce's junior. I don't always believe that age is factor, but at the RB position, it can be important. Duce also seems to be injury prone which especially this season, can hurt the team. At least last season, they still had The Bus. I'm also not big on the idea of giving up Quincy Morgan - I think this guy can do great things with this team, but you've got to give up something to get something. I'm leaning towards saying OK let's do it, but I need a little more convincing that this is the right move at the right time for the Steelers. Does anyone know what he's looking for as far as a contract?

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote