View Single Post
Old 08-23-2006, 10:05 AM   #19
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Re: Cowher not happy with camp

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal
Well, the way I see it - Ben is back and better than ever, Reid has played well in both the WR slot and as a return man, Santonio, for the most part, is learning the offense and coming along just fine, Anthony Smith has far surpassed any of our expectations (imo), we have two above-average punters, but I think experience will win out in the end. Those are some very key positives. The first team D needs to step it up a bit but I have no doubt LeBeau will have them ready for the Fins game. The OL has been average at best, but look for them to get it together and be one of the best in the NFL this season. You heard it here first.

Enough positives?

The negatives after ONLY 2 pre-season games? We lost 2 close contests with our scrubs playing the majority of both of those games. Not an excuse, mind you - fact.
So Santonio is coming along just fine?

Thats news to me, it seemed that he has dropped below Willie Reid in most peoples expectations.

Dont get me wrong, I have no doubts about your 1st string team - especially the D.

There do appear to be a few question marks, but mostly ones that were left over from last years regular season - ie the inability to get off the field on 3rd down.

It was mostly just an observation based upon the new guys and the back-ups.

NM
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote