View Single Post
Old 08-23-2006, 11:32 AM   #11
floodcitygirl
Team Owner

Member Number: 1784
Default Re: Steelers LB's still see themselves as leaders

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal
LMAO!!! LITP - the defense of the 70's was known as the "STEEL Curtain", not the "Iron Curtain", as in Pittsburgh STEELers!

Tony and 203 hit the nail on the head here. I don't feel that any of our present Steelers feel "threatened" psychologically by the greatness the 70's teams accomplished. This is a totally new era and a totally diferent group of guys who have now played together for several years and have complete confidence not only in themselves but in each other. They've gelled together as a unit and know what they need to accomplish each and every game. The Steelers have always gone for those who they feel will give 150%, not just 100%, to the team and that is evident from the way the Steelers have evolved as a team over the past couple of years. A lot of NFL"ers want to play here not only because of the professional and repectful way they are treated by the Rooneys, but because of Bill Cowher, imo. He squeezes his players to get the most he can from them and pushes them to be the best they can be at their respective positions. He accepts nothing less and imho, is one of the greatest motivators in the history of the NFL.
I agree and I would think that the past success of the team would serve as a motivation for them to be as successful as possible......to be a part of history themselves.

Thanks to MeanJoe for surprising me with my new sig.
floodcitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote