Old 07-29-2005, 01:37 AM   #9
pitt
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 474
Default Re: True fans don't enjoy watching games

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity
Think about that for a second before you blow your stack and tell me Im full of shit ;)

When you watch another NFL game, a game you have minimal or no interest in the outcome of, don't u just relax and sit back, and enjoy watching football. You can focus on the OL for awhile, then maybe on the TE, then watch the LB flow to the ball, then maybe focus on the QB and his stance and throwing motion. You can sit there relatively stress free and just watch the game. NOt worrying about if you miss something by running to the fridge or taking a phone call. You know all the things YOU CANT DO WATCHING THE STEELERS !

Yes, when you watch the Steelers, especially us super diehards. How often do you get up in the middle of the game to hit the fridge, or go to the bathroom, or answer the phone or a knock at the door ? Probably NEVER, if you're like me. How often do you scream and yell, pace up and down in front of the TV, sit on the edge of your seat with sweaty palms and your heart racing a mile a minute.... What about always having to sit in the same spot on the couch or chair to watch the game? Always eat and drink the same things each week, wear the same Steelers garb, and only wash them if we lose so you get rid of the bad aura of a loss and start fresh.
WOW I'm glad I'm not the only crazy person around here. I have to do the EXACT same thing before every game. God help anyone who gets in the way of my ritual. The kids think its gross that I put on the same unwashed clothes for a few hours every week. I have a special tape on my answering machine that I use for Steeler games. Anyone with a brain nows not to bother me during a game.