View Single Post
Old 08-25-2006, 04:50 PM   #19
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Re: Steelers @ Eagles Gameday Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43 View Post
Off the top of my head and to keep it short and simple.....

From the offense: The running game. I would like to see Duce put on a better showing tonight. I have no doubt that he's capable of doing so, but it's time to put the "rust" issue to rest and start showing more pop. Besides that, I feel our first string offense looks solid (Ben to Wilson in particular).

From the defense: Simple, getting off the field on 3rd downs. On the defensive side of the field I will be paying close attention Keisel, Clark, McFadden and Coke.

Notable/recognized players with jobs on the line other than Morey: Gardocki, Colclough and Morgan come to mind.

I've learned a long time ago that the final score is completely irrelevant when dealing with preaseason games. I don't care if we go 0-4 or 4-0.
You think Staley will get a big run out?

Its kinda tough to judge the effectiveness of these 'big backs' - they operate best late in the game after they have worn down the opposing teams D - but I guess you can also see how he operates in the open field.

You expect to see Humes get much of a run out?

On the D side it will be interesting to see if the Steelers can rid themselves of that problem that bugged them last eyar - the getting off the field on 3rd and long situations.

I hadn't thought of Gardocki having his job under pressure, who is the other punter in the mix?

Thanks

NM
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote