View Single Post
Old 07-30-2005, 10:37 AM   #14
bigbensgirl7
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 292
Default Re: What do you want??????

I think that right now Hines is tarnishing his reputation. This is a guy that has been looked at as a team player and wants the best for the team. The contract in which he was offered seems pretty damn fair to me, but we don't know it all. However, that does not give him the right to break the contract he is under now, if he was unhappy with the offer, there are better ways to go about it than a hold-out. How about finish out your existing contract, play your heart out and hit the FA market next year (and deal with things then).
Don't get me wrong, but I still want this deal done and sooner than later. However, I don't want to see the Steelers giving in too much. What kind of example will this set for our players in the future. I would like both sides to compromise and find some common ground, but we can not just sit back and take his demands either. That is not what this organization is about and it never has been. I do see Hines' frustrations though, he was told he would be a top priority this year, and really there hasn't been much talking going on, but to me it still doesn't excuse the way he is acting now.
I believe this will be settled soon, at least I hope so...because right now this is just ugly! And I still feel that we need Ward, and I know he will be as valued as ever...but if the hold-out happens...I don't think I will be able to see the same guy I have for years on the field. I will still like him, but I won't see him as that ultimate team player that I have always looked at him as. This is just a hard situation and I can see both sides and I think both sides have done some wrong here...but like I said...I don't think holding out and making demands are the way to get things accomplished in any aspect of life...including buisness IMO!

Last edited by bigbensgirl7; 07-30-2005 at 10:50 AM.
bigbensgirl7 is offline   Reply With Quote