View Single Post
Old 07-30-2005, 08:22 PM   #1
BB2W
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 328
Default High School football sig

High school football kicks off the last week in August, so I made a sig for my school

The two guys pictured are the best athletes to come out of Miamisburgh High Scool....

The guy on the left is Greg Zolman. He graduated with me in 1997....he was highly recruited but chose to go to Vanderbilt because of the chance to start as a freshman, and for academic reasons. Although he never had a winning season..... he did go on to break nearly every school passing record, and a few of SEC records. He went to camp with the Packers and Colts, but is currently in Bills camp. He has worked with them for a couple seasons, and even has played in NFL Europe.

The guy on the right is Matt Muncy....he is a beast. He played RB and SS at MHS. He owns every school rushing record, and many conference and state rushing records. He was an amazing power runner who had over 2000 yards and 30 TD's in nearly every season since starting on varsity as a freshman. He was recruited by big time schools like Ohio State and Michigan, but they said he did not have the break-away speed to be an elite college RB. They wanted him to play at Saftey or Linebacker....He chose to attend Ohio Univ. (OU) where he would be given a shot to start at RB. He was given a chance, but right away the coaches new his strengh and speed combination coupled with his intensity, would be better suited for SS or LB. He played a SS/LB position as a freshman, but his sophomore year he came in 25 pounds heavier and was ready to take over at Middle Linbacker. He played great and was one of the best players on the defense leading the team in tackles. He won the MAC defensive player of the week multiple times.....one game against Buffalo he had 22 tackles, 2 sacks, 1 interception, and a fumble recovery returned for a 98 yard TD. Wow, huh!!! This season he will be one of the only Junior captains in school history. Although Matt is a few years younger than me, we do have mutual friends, and I see him at bars or get-togethers sometimes. Last time I talked to him he was confident he will get a shot at someones camp, and hope to impress them enough to play in the NFL.

Last edited by BB2W; 07-31-2005 at 03:12 AM.
BB2W is offline   Reply With Quote