View Single Post
Old 09-01-2006, 08:57 AM   #14
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413
Default Re: Super repeat? Unlikely, says Bettis

While I'm not going to sit here and say that I am overly thrilled with The Bus' comments, I'm not going to jump all over him for making them either. He is relatively new at this commentator gig and has a lot to learn as to when you hold 'em and when you fold 'em. He has gone (in a very short period of time) from the energetic, competitive player and team leader that we all have loved for years to an energetic, competitive analyst embarking on a new careeer, where his every word will be either receive accolades or scrutiny from not only his peers, but from all NFL fans who are tuned in.

I don't agree with Jerome's predictions and I'm OK with that. We always accuse Cris The Pencil Necked Geek Collinsworth, Boomer the Bleached Blonde, Deion The Pee-on and various other former NFL players turned analysts of being "homeys" and being biased towards their former teams - I think Jerome is trying to play the middle ground and not come across as a homer. No - we don't want to hear some of the things he's been saying that have been popping our party balloons, but I don't put much stock on any sports commentator's predictions, especially not during or immediately after the pre-season. Relax, folks - Jerome bleeds black and gold on the inside and you can take that to the bank.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote