View Single Post
Old 09-03-2006, 12:12 PM   #23
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550
Default Re: STEELERS FUTURE IN JEOPARDY?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
Wedo - I don't think that is what Tony is saying at all. I think history shows that your statement is not accurate. The Steelers can't base their judgments on "what ifs". They obviously had good reasons for not wanting to keep both Kuhn and Jacobs on the 53 man roster, reasons we aren't privy to. They watched these guys in camp and in the preseason contests and there are criteria they develop and look for in every player. Considering the great job they've done in keeping players they feel will give them the best shot at winning games (and championships) in the past, I'm going to sit down, shut up and have confidence in their decisions. They haven't let us down in the past too often.

I don't agree with keeping only 2 QBs (both of whom are also prone to injury) on the roster, but again, I am confident in Cowher and his coaches' decisions because I have faith in them knowing what is best for the team. Omar really doesn't have "experience" running our offense - he played in the preseason games using a generic offensive game plan. I believe one of the QBs cut will end up on the PS and will be available to step up behind Ben or Batch should one of them face injury this season.

Relax hon! We're in good hands with Cowher!
Exactly. Cowher and Co. kept who they feel are the best 53 players on the roster, and their opinions are the only ones that count. But you have fans who look for that panic button at what they think is the first sign of trouble, when the only thing that should matter during training camp and preseason other than talent evaluation is to get through it with no major injuries to your starters/stars. I have no problem with their decisions, especially the movement toward youth and speed at the WR position. Some fans are just going to have to accept that no matter how good certain guys looked in camp and preseason games, they simply aren't good enough to make the roster in the eyes of the people who matter - Cowher and his coaches.