View Single Post
Old 09-04-2006, 01:06 PM   #9
SteelCzar76
Banned

Member Number: 2498
Default Re: Would Tommy be too drastic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
I don't think Tommy has the desire to play any longer - he lost some of that fire he once had when he was injured in the Titans game in 2003 (understandably) and lost even more of it when he injured his arm/elbow/shoulder in the Rats game last season. Maybe he should have hung up the cleats after the 2003 season, but I do understand why he didn't - it was a matter of pride in wanting to prove to himself he still could play. I also don't think the man would want to subject himself to more vicious remarks and humiliation from some of the fans, even if he never played a down - who in their right mind would? This is kind of a non-factor at this point, anyway, as the Steelers signed Frenchy today.

As stated before i cannot hate on Tommy and wish him the best of luck with his future endeavors. However,... his time in Steeler uniform is done. We drafted a Qb to fill the third spot. A kid from the MAC whom knows nothing of our system or the league,....but has all the talent and physical tools. (Sound familiar ?)
The thing that i don't comprehend is how many of us think that Omar's ability to play effectively is so implausible ? This team stepped up and carried Ben,.....why would it be any different with Jacobs,...in the event "China" Batch was to get injured ?

"Hail Caesar,.......Hail the Black and Gold"
SteelCzar76 is offline   Reply With Quote