View Single Post
Old 09-05-2006, 12:21 PM   #5
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413
Default Re: Finally a power ranking leaving us where we ended

Quote:
Hold on, Pittsburgh. Don't spit your IC Light out or choke on that Primanti Brothers sandwich just yet -- although after tasting one last year, I could understand if you did.
Too bad this idiot didn't choke on his. He sounds like a sardine and seltzer kind of guy to me. Primantis' sammiches ROCK!

POWER RANKINGS
Current Team Previous

1 Steelers ? Trends -
They haven't lost much from a team that won it all last year. That's why they start in this spot. As long as their quarterback can stay off the motorcycle, and out of the hospital, they'll be close to the top at the end. Agreed.

2 Panthers ? Trends -
This is a deep, talented team that made major improvements in the offseason. They are the class of the NFC. They will be a fight every week. Agreed.

3 Colts ? Trends -
In Vegas, they are still the favorites. That has to mean something. Maybe the tough playoff loss, and the sting of it, will help get this team to the Super Bowl. Disagree. They were the favorites in Vegas last year and what did that get them? The Dolts (and Peytoon) choke in the playoffs every season. And THAT has to mean something.

4 Patriots ? Trends -
Don't let all the losses the past few years fool you. This is still one of the best teams. Tom Brady and Bill Belichick are the two reasons why. Tom Brady I can agree with - Belichick, no. Bedhopping Bill has lost one of his "genius" stripes since the departure of Romeo Crennel and Charlie Weis and it is as obvious as the divet in Tom Brady's chin.

5 Broncos ? Trends -
They've added deep speed in Javon Walker, which will help the offense, and Mike Bell looks like another in the line of runners who can get it done for the Broncos. Now it's time for Mike Shanahan to get to the Super Bowl without John Elway. Shanahan plays musical RBs a little too much, imho, and Plummer is as inconsistent as they come. When he's on his game, he's brutal but when he's not, he just plain stinks out the stadium. The Broncos fans should be directing their annoying "In-com-plete" chant at their own. Consistency Mike!!!!

6 Jaguars ? Trends -
Looking for a rising team? This is it. There is plenty of good young talent and a suffocating defense. If the offense makes a move forward, this could be a Super team. I definitely agree here.

7 Cowboys ? Trends -
The T.O. issues have hung over this team all summer, but they still have a ton of talent. If Terrell Owens can put out on the field, none of that other stuff will matter. If TO can remain off the knuckles of Drew Bledsoe, it is possible, but I don't see the Cowgirls going too far this season.

8 Seahawks ? Trends -
Super losers usually have Super hangovers. Can they avoid it? We'll see. Something says they slide down just a bit. Agreed.

9 Giants ? Trends -
This is the year Eli Manning breaks out. The Giants face a brutal schedule that will make it tough to repeat last year's record. Breaks out of what? His Pampers? I think the key here is Tiki Barber, not Eli.

10 Eagles ? Trends -
Andy Reid will have this team bouncing back. As long as Donovan McNabb can stay healthy, they should be in the mix to win the tough NFC East. Agreed. The Eagles snaring Donte Stallworth is a big plus - he is the perfect fit for McNabb, imho.

11 Bengals ? Trends -
Carson Palmer looked great in his return to the field last week, so don't worry about the offense as long he's there. The defense also looks improved, which is a must. But something tells me they won't be as good as in 2005. Disagree. IF Palmer stays healthy and their D plays consistently, they're going to be a force to be reckoned with. This is a team I would never take too lightly.

12 Dolphins ? Trends -
There are a lot of questions for this trendy team. Getting Daunte Culpepper was a great move, but the line is so-so, the defensive front has age and the secondary is inexperienced. The biggest question mark here is whether Culpepper can return to his form pre-Moss' departure or whether he will continue on his downward spiral since Moss left on the Al Davis Express. I guess we'll see on Thursday night which Dante Culpepper is the real deal.

13 Cardinals ? Trends -
Their offensive line will decide if they can make a playoff run. They have the skill people and the defense is loaded with good players. Wholeheartedly agree.

14 Falcons ? Trends -
They will be a much better team on defense than a year ago. John Abraham will make that happen. It's now on Michael Vick and the passing game for this to be a Super contender. Agreed but with the stipulation that Vick has to become a QB and forget that he thinks he is a RB.

15 Buccaneers ? Trends -
This team that will go as far as the offensive line takes it. They have all the parts, but the five guys up front have to play better to make this a division winner. Agreed.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote