View Single Post
Old 09-07-2006, 05:01 PM   #1
Tankus_Maximus
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 519
Default 10 Truths (Turn away Bengals fans)

4. Don't be fooled by Cincinnati's spectacular preseason. There are still significant problems in Bengals land.

Maybe Marvin should set up a court at the Bengals' practice facility, like the Eagles had at the Vet?I hope I'm wrong. I hope the problems in Cincy's cell block -- oops, I mean locker room -- don't undermine the good work Marvin Lewis has done. But I think they will, along with some major holes on Cincy's defense.

In an effort to take the focus off the police blotter, Lewis' Bengals outscored their exhibition opponents by a whopping 77 points and completed the unofficial season 4-0. Big deal.

The Bengals don't have a real playmaker in their front four. Teams will run on Cincinnati. The Bengals' linebacking corps is suspect. I've never been all that impressed with Cincy's corners. But Dexter Jackson and Madieu Williams are a major upgrade at safety. Laurel and Hardy played safety for Cincy last season.

I'm hardheaded. The Bengals have a shot at 6-10. (credit Jason Whitlock, ESPN)

Oooooooohhhh...that's gotta sting.
I love it.

"I'm not locked up in here with you. You're locked up in here with me." -Rorschach
Tankus_Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote