View Single Post
Old 08-09-2005, 12:53 AM   #4
BB2W
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 328
Default Re: David Pollack going home...

If I wanted to talk trash I would have posted this in the Blast Furnace. I posted this because I thought someone may have something to say.
I also posted this because it was during a week when Hines was seen coming to Pittsburgh.....

Quote:
A man processing his e-ticket recently at an Atlanta Hartsfield International Airport kiosk looked familiar.

A low-slung sun hat, sunglasses and brown T-shirt emblazoned with Good Times, the 1970s sitcom featuring Jimmy Walker, couldn't camouflage one of the elite receivers.

"That's me," Hines Ward says of the T-shirt. "Good Times. I'm always positive."

But his smile couldn't hide wounded pride when it came to discussing the deal he says was promised but has yet been proffered by the Steelers. Without one, he vows the Steelers will be playing this season without arguably their most valuable and versatile offensive weapon.

Even as he prepared to hold out, Ward headed to Pittsburgh in case his agent called to say a new deal had been struck.
I thought it said something about where Ward is on a new deal, and it definitly would say where they are if he goes home.