Old 10-02-2006, 08:34 AM   #18
Infamix
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 917
Default Re: Michael Bush

Quote:
Originally Posted by paw-n-maul-u View Post
alright ... wait ... benson on the bears sure has taken the back seat the last two years ... reggie bush in new orleans ... williams to carolina ... I think the whole point of drafting michael bush if it happened would be to COMPLEMENT parker ... or actually i would hope the other way around ... parker can do some pretty good work against the likes of miami and cincy, but wait until this week vs. San Diego ... if he goes past 50 yards against them i would be impressed ... we don't have a big back that can wear a team down ... parker should never go above 10-15 carries a game ... i just dont think he's suited to be an every down back ... not to mention until these past two years he really has never carried the load for a team (which is another thing that concerns me) ... the steelers need another RB that can take 20 or so carries a game and take pressure off ben and parker ... I would much rather see two pairs of fresh legs with loads of DIFFERENT TYPE of talent to offer to our running game than rely soley on parker.

anyway, here's to hoping that ben gets his shizz straight, our recievers learn to hold on to the ball, and our secondary stops giving up such big passes
Am I the only one not sold on this "big back" system to wear the defense down? I think Willie can carry the load this year. Running the ball hard doesn't mean having to run the ball and hit every defensive player while your at it. You have to find the hole, hit it, and dodge as many defenders while preserving your body. Warrick Dunn has put up big yards his whole career, and is still able to run after 10 years, weighing in at 180 pounds.
Infamix is offline   Reply With Quote