View Single Post
Old 10-04-2006, 04:34 PM   #16
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Re: Randy Moss To The Patriots?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
the steelers need another wr like they need another hole in the head. they led the league in ypa last year with a devised scheme of not needing to pass 30 times a game. plus they couldnt afford moss with current contracts of ben and polamalu that need extended.
They could start by getting rid of Wilson and Washington.

Wilson is a No.2 receiver in name for the Steelers yet he has only ever caught more than 35 balls once in his career - and that was for the 49ers.

Last year with the Steelers he managed 26.

Quote:
so...they dont have the need, money, or the trade bait that the pats have. if you cant see the pats need for a deep threat, or the fact that moss would be an upgrade i dont know whats wrong with you.
So the Patriots need a 'deep threat' but the Steelers dont?

Who has been the deep threat this year for the Steelers?

Wilson maybe?

Who averages 1 catch a game?

As for upgrades - Moss is better than anything the Steelers or patriots have on their roster in terms of talent - that cannot be disputed.

Quote:
unless you think pointing out an area of need widely accepted by pundits and analysts all over is a slam
I've heard alot of 'pundits' tell everyone who'd listen that the Patriots are done, that they have made one cheapskate move too many - then I look at them back pedal after we dismantle the 'No.1' team in the AFC.

Quote:
while brady is throwing the ball and doing ok spreading it around, a significantly lower % is going to the wr's.
A lower % is going to the WR's because they, unlike Corey Dillon,Kevin Faulk, Ben Watson and Daniel Graham are mostly new to the Patriots scheme this year.

I expect Caldwell and Gabriel to start for us this week - they have barely started a game for the Patriots.

Quote:
what do you have to suggest moss wouldnt take the 7 million or so a year the pats were willing to give branch? like i said the moss and dillon situation are almost mirror images.
Corey Dillon was a calculated gamble by the Patriots after some pretty tough interviews - I can't say for sure that Moss wouldn't react the same as he has but I would think it unlikely - Dillon always gave 100% on the field.

Last year was mostly an anomaly regarding the amount of attempts Brady had - we had guys off the street starting at RB at certain stages of the season, and due to our injury list on D we were chasing alot of games.

This year figures to be different, I expect the patriots to keep the ball on the ground out of choice, not necessity.

We have one of the best RB combo's in the league - why would we be airing out long bombs - even last year we didnt hit a massive amount of deep throws.

NM

Last edited by Livinginthe past; 10-04-2006 at 04:40 PM.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote