Old 10-05-2006, 09:03 AM   #18
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,211 Times in 2,672 Posts
Default Re: Randy Moss To The Patriots?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post
They could start by getting rid of Wilson and Washington.

Wilson is a No.2 receiver in name for the Steelers yet he has only ever caught more than 35 balls once in his career - and that was for the 49ers.

Last year with the Steelers he managed 26.

So the Patriots need a 'deep threat' but the Steelers dont?

Who has been the deep threat this year for the Steelers?

Wilson maybe?

Who averages 1 catch a game?

As for upgrades - Moss is better than anything the Steelers or patriots have on their roster in terms of talent - that cannot be disputed.

I've heard alot of 'pundits' tell everyone who'd listen that the Patriots are done, that they have made one cheapskate move too many - then I look at them back pedal after we dismantle the 'No.1' team in the AFC.

A lower % is going to the WR's because they, unlike Corey Dillon,Kevin Faulk, Ben Watson and Daniel Graham are mostly new to the Patriots scheme this year.

I expect Caldwell and Gabriel to start for us this week - they have barely started a game for the Patriots.

Corey Dillon was a calculated gamble by the Patriots after some pretty tough interviews - I can't say for sure that Moss wouldn't react the same as he has but I would think it unlikely - Dillon always gave 100% on the field.

Last year was mostly an anomaly regarding the amount of attempts Brady had - we had guys off the street starting at RB at certain stages of the season, and due to our injury list on D we were chasing alot of games.

This year figures to be different, I expect the patriots to keep the ball on the ground out of choice, not necessity.

We have one of the best RB combo's in the league - why would we be airing out long bombs - even last year we didnt hit a massive amount of deep throws.

NM
uhhhm. why do you keep bringing up the steelers in this thread? cant you see the topic is randy moss to the patriots? i have clearly stated that the steelers do not have the NEED (holmes and reid were drafted for their speed and capabilities to get behind the secondary- holmes is new to the team, he will eventually start) the MONEY or the TRADE BAIT. what part about that do you not understand?

the steelers have already had the poor mans randy moss and they couldnt afford him. they won a sb after letting him walk to the giants. if i could trade wilson and washington and have moss accept their $2.something mil in contracts id do it in a heartbeat. but this isnt about the steelers. they havent lost their top wr.

this is about the patriots. when moss says he would be traded you have to realisticly look at the teams that could possibly get it done and the patriots happen to be one of them. what part about that do you not understand?

you are unreal and your reaction is a riot. you trully seem offended at the suggestion that moss would help the patriots. get over it and get a clue.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote