Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419
Default Re: Heinz Field Tailgating Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersFan_in_KC View Post
Hey forum regulars, I need some advice:

I live in KC but have been a huge Steelers fan for years since I met Terry Bradshaw when I was a kid. Four of us (three from KC, one from Pittsburgh area) are coming to Heinz Field for the first time for the Steelers-Chiefs game on the 15th. Three Steelers fan and one Chiefs fan, but you have to respect him for putting up with us at those Steeler victories in KC a few years back.

What is the tailgating situation like and where is the ideal spot to park? What time do we need to get there to be sure we get a good parking spot for tailigating? This is a huge part of the game experience at Arrowhead and I just wonder if it's the same at Heinz? Hopefully, this means grilling out and sitting in the parking lot for several hours before the game.

Thanks for any advice! Much appreciated!

Yes the tailgating scene at Heinz is the same. You need to get there basically when the lots open 5 hours before game time. I believe that is a 1:00pm start, so the lots open at 8am. Your best bet is to try to get a parking pass on ebay if ya can. Or try the Blue North Canal Lot, that is open to the public, but you got to get there at 8am. If you are just joining a tailgate, you can park in any of the Parking garages. Or you can join us at our tailgate. Look back to this foprum next monday, I'll post the details.

Here's a map of our lots:

http://www.alcoparking.com/images/gameday_view.jpg

It's not just Steeler Football, it's a way of Life! "I'm a Champion"
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote