View Single Post
Old 10-09-2006, 02:07 AM   #5
DoctorJanSteelerFan
Water Boy

Member Number: 1126
Default Re: Desperation, 2 trick plays that back fired!

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
So let's bench Ben, the franchise QB, over a few bad games, and further destroy what confidence he has left. Yeah, sounds like a novel idea to me!
lol Ok, I know what you're saying X-T, but I probably didn't make myself very clear.

Does it make sense for the coaches to keep putting a guy in who isn't recovered, never got the rehab he needed, and continues to struggle without even realizing that he is struggling? His confidence is getting more and more shattered with each loss. I'm not blaming Ben completely for playing bad (even tho he made bad choices). I'm faulting the medical staff and coaches for either not understanding or denying what his injuries did to him physically and especially mentally/psychologically for playing professional football. His confidence is getting shattered out on the field because he didn't GET the right rehab to begin with. They put their heads in the sand and treated him like he was either superman or an accountant going back to a desk job. I'd love to see Ben back to his potential but that won't happen just throwing him back out onto the football field week after week. They can keep putting him out there and he might recover slowly but it's a crapshoot to know when that will be.

So back to the original post...

Last edited by DoctorJanSteelerFan; 10-09-2006 at 02:17 AM.
DoctorJanSteelerFan is offline   Reply With Quote