View Single Post
Old 10-09-2006, 02:34 PM   #5
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Re: An Outsiders Perspective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black and Gold Forever 32 View Post
Nice post and I would tend to agree with alot you said in that post. But even with the Steelers 7-5 they still had that feel that they could turn it around and really make a run. This team doesn't have that this year. They really don't. But they had Jerome Bettis to lean on for leadership to rally them when they had a lossing streak. I think someone needs to step up and be that leader.

I don't care if the Steelers finish 1-15 they still will be my time. But I think this team will like the 2001 Pats after winning the Super Bowl. The next year in 2002 the Pats went 9-7 and missed the playoffs. The Pats refocused and redeticated themselves after feeling that let down of not being able to defend their title in 2002 to win the next two Super Bowls. The same could happen for the Steelers in 2007 and 2008.

LITP, the Pats didn't dominate teams in 2001 either just like the Steelers in 2005.
Thanks.

There certainly are a great many parallels between the 2001 Patriots and the 2005 Steelers that is for sure.

The Steelers had much better recent history with the squad but they would still have made an unfshionable pick for SB glory at most points of lst season - as were the 2001 Pats.

Everything worked out for the 2001 team - some truly once in a lifetime stuff - the Oakland raiders FG's in the snow, the last minute drive by Brady against the Rams to set up the game winning FG.

Despite just missing out on the postseason on a tiebreaker the following year, you cant escape the fact they were only 9-7.

I think its important to maintain perspective at all times, we are both very lucky to be fans to two franchises who do things the right way and are successful also.

NM
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote