Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290
Default Re: An Outsiders Perspective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post
Thanks.

There certainly are a great many parallels between the 2001 Patriots and the 2005 Steelers that is for sure.

The Steelers had much better recent history with the squad but they would still have made an unfshionable pick for SB glory at most points of lst season - as were the 2001 Pats.

Everything worked out for the 2001 team - some truly once in a lifetime stuff - the Oakland raiders FG's in the snow, the last minute drive by Brady against the Rams to set up the game winning FG.

Despite just missing out on the postseason on a tiebreaker the following year, you cant escape the fact they were only 9-7.

I think its important to maintain perspective at all times, we are both very lucky to be fans to two franchises who do things the right way and are successful also.

NM
I'm just hoping the Steeler can rebound in 2007. I don't think this team will make the playoffs this year. I hate to say it. But they have dropped 3 conference games and 1 division game so far. Thats not good for making the playoffs. Hey but I love the Steelers no matter what. I just don't like how the team look like it just quit yesterday in the 2nd half against the Chargers.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote