View Single Post
Old 10-09-2006, 11:30 PM   #23
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656
Default Re: We got exactly what we Deserved,.....

Yea...speak for yourself. I grew up in western Pa. in a very sports oriented community........I watched 5 Steeler SuperBowl wins and one loss. In my 47 years, I've seen the good, bad and ugly when it comes to my football team. I may have been busy for a few years raising a son on my own, and had a few priorities bigger than football games, but don't EVER call me a bandwagon fan. EVER. I may have the unfortunate fate of living in Sissynasti, but I'll die a Steeler fan. Not too bad for an old broad.

You've got a lot of nerve questioning other peoples "fan status". And it's ok if this new generation of Steelers brings on a whole new flock of fans. The wagons big enough for everybody.....even if they they aren't a walking encyclopedia on Steeler legends and lore. That doesn't make one person a better fan than another. If you only want to watch if they are winning....then I say go get direct tv 'coz you'll be rooting for a different team every year. Win or lose......they are MY Steelers.
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote