View Single Post
Old 10-10-2006, 11:24 PM   #34
SteelCzar76
Banned

Member Number: 2498
Default Re: We got exactly what we Deserved,.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
Hines, Stillers - I don't believe that Czar is calling either of you bandwagon fans - in fact, I think he means quite the opposite by his reference above. (Correct me if I'm wrong here, Czar) What I think he is saying is that we who are keeping the faith that the Steelers will turn themselves around (and Czar - you may as well put me at the head of that list) even with their less than stellar start to the season tend to "sugarcoat" what he and others view as the "reality of the situation". You two are both great fans - standing by this team through thick and thin - don't you ever lose that awesome positive attitude and your diehard support of our Steelers through its good times and its not so good. You both are a breath of fresh air around here, especially under the circumstances of this very young and thus far, difficult season. Like you, I feel privileged to call myself a fan of the classiest and one of the most successful franchises in NFL history, and whether they are 16-0 or 0-16, I'll be standing there right beside them cheering them on....and BELIEVING.

As I've stated in numerous posts today, I am an optimist, as well as a true believer in moving forward and leaving the past behind. While I don't believe any of us are blinded by "homerism" and can plainly see that the beginning of our season has been troubling, it is my opinion that continuing to belabor the negatives doesn't change the outcome of the game or event and is a waste of breath. Instead, I choose to believe that there is always room for improvement and reaching for a higher level of play. Sitting on your behind crying, moaning and gnashing your teeth over something that can't be taken back or changed is pointless and creates a negative and sometimes hostile atmosphere when instead, we should all be joining together as a Steelers nation and supporting the team that we all love. Just my three cents.

It seem's that you're one of the few that have taken my words in the proper context. In regards to those that i "called out" so to speak,......this was done because of what i perceived as you trying to "Check the Oil" of anyone whom does not agree with your opinions regarding personel. (This must be the case,...because there is no way you could have taken anything i said as giving up on this Organization,...Win, lose or Draw)
I'll state it one last time,
I (and many others) hold this "ORGANIZATION" and it's HONOR in the highest regard,.....not particular player's or coaches. The bottom line being,... if as a player or coach,.....you are not part of the solution, then you're a liabilty. And those (liabilties) are NEVER good for buisness. I for one do not believe in crippling WARRIORS by coddling them,.. (making excuse's for failure). If you want respect and or glory,.....you earn it,....then you will deserve it. "NUFF SAID"

"Hail Caesar,.......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"
SteelCzar76 is offline   Reply With Quote