View Single Post
Old 10-23-2006, 07:02 AM   #210
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009
Default Re: Pens Tidbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
OK, fair enough. It certainly is not an unreasonable request and it is what I prefer as well. I just want to see a little more of the reason why the man piled up 124 PIMs last season. Am I wrong for that? I'm an old-school hockey fan, and enjoy the rough stuff as well as the great plays and players (though the former doesn't happen nearly as much as it used to, because you can't breathe on a player without a friggin penalty being called).
I'd love to see why the man piled up 124 PIMs last season, but I don't want to see 124 PIMs. Not with this defense. I love old school hockey, I've been going to games since I was four years old. I enjoy the hard hits and when the gloves come off. At the same time, I don't want to watch this team killing penalties with a mediocre defense on a regular basis. We can play a physical game and not take dumb penalties.

As for the way the game is being called. I guess we agree to disagree. I personally have no problem with the way the game is being called. It's nice to see that the clutching and hooking is finally being called. I enjoy seeing what a Crosby, Ovechkin, Kovalchuk and Gionta can do when they don't have to carry a player on their back. Do I catch myself saying "Oh!! That's a weak call!!"? Sure and at times they are weak calls. It happens. But then I think back to the days when Lemieux and Jagr were practically getting raped on the ice and not a whistle blown.

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 10-23-2006 at 07:06 AM.