View Single Post
Old 10-24-2006, 08:30 AM   #218
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009
Default Re: Pens Tidbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbalke View Post
dude, he's a hockey player. ain't no way he's asking for time off. especially if he ever wants to play for therrien again. that's just something you don't do, man. if he can walk, he'll lace up the skates and try to play, that's what being a hockey player is all about.
To heal a supposed injured hamstring? If a player asked Therrien to rest a hamstring or play hurt and put the team in jeopardy I think Therrien would understand. Winning is his first priority. On top of that, what would be the repercussions on Ekman? Therrien would bench him? Please, with the lack of scoring from our wingers as it is already?

I don't think it would be the end of Ekman's career as he know's it if he asked to nurse a hamstring which has the potential of becoming worse over time. If we were fighting for a playoff spot or actually in the playoffs I could understand. We are eight games into the season....lol. I think it's safe for Ekman to state that instead of not being able to play to his full potential and the chance of the injury worsening, that he would like to sit a game or two while it only being the month of October.

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 10-24-2006 at 08:37 AM.