View Single Post
Old 01-25-2005, 12:18 PM   #1
redsahx
Water Boy

Member Number: 278
Default Best wishes to Pittsburgh (from a Pats fan)

Even though I am excited to be going back to the Super Bowl, I have to say I feel for you guys. As a Red Sox fan as well, I know how much the Steelers mean to not only the city of Pittsburgh, but the entire region out there. They certainly mean as much to you as the Sox do to us. Unlike the Red Sox though, at least you guys had some history to fall back on before this season.

I apologize if you've had to deal with any obnoxious New England fans recently. I am 24 years old now and I remember vividly when I was in 5th grade, you NEVER saw the old Red Patriots jerseys being worn to school. In fact every one I knew in elementary school was either a Giants fan or a 49ers fan it seemed. I was afraid to admit I was a Patriots fan for fear of ridicule. I honestly didn't know one other kid in my school who was a Patriots fan though I am sure there had to be a couple. Times have certainly changed. Kids everywhere wear their Patriots jerseys proudly now. For those who run their mouth, I would certainly like to know where they were 15 years ago. In fact I am dealing with the same thing all over again whenever I try to talk about the Celtics. Fans in New England pretened they don't even exist anymore, yet that was the team I remember most vividly growing up. THe Bruins and the Red Sox are the only two teams here in New England that don't have the bandwagon problem (although the Sox do have a large bandwagon now as well, but have always had a strong following). Otherwsie the Celtics and Patriots fanbases are made up of a few diehards, and a ton of johhny-come-lately's. But I digress. Just venting my frustration at the arrogance of fans that didn't show up until Parcells came to town.

I wish the Steelers many more great seasons in the future.
redsahx is offline   Reply With Quote