View Single Post
Old 12-06-2006, 11:00 AM   #5
Dook
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 906
Default Re: Can We Talk About the Draft?

New England might not give up both of their first round picks to move up but you guys need a WR and Dwayne Jarrett might not be available at #22. I just depends on how much you want that one guy. You should still be able to take WR Samardzija in the 20's though.

LITP: You're right about the draft chart. I was expecting us to be drafting at the #9 spot a week or so ago. We would probably have to give up at least a #3 to do the trade down, something I wouldn't do.

coachspeak33: I don't watch college football so I'm not really the best source for college talent information. Everything I get is from reading what draft websites have written. And of course it's still very early. We all know how important the combine, wonderlic, and interviews are, hehe.

OL, Joe Thomas and then Blalock. Also seems to be a lot of interest in Joe Staley if he's available in round three.
RB, Peterson then Lynch. I'd love to have a big RB like Bush but he is still limping from his injury. I don't know, maybe if he's available in the 2nd. At 230 lbs Tony Hunt also seems like a pure RB, runs with power and fights for extra yards but getting him in the 2nd is a big reach.
WR, Calvin Johnson of course but really I think we should try and find the next Colston farther down in the draft.
LB, some aren't thrilled with Woodley but he is 270 lbs with about 4.5 speed. Pozluszny is 235 lbs and has 4.6 speed, with good instincts and toughness but coming off a knee injury. Willis is certainly another LB option but mostly I'm impressed with Woodley's combination of size and speed.

Last edited by Dook; 12-06-2006 at 11:04 AM.
Dook is offline   Reply With Quote