View Single Post
Old 12-21-2006, 12:45 AM   #7
ThatGuy246
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 3089
Default Re: Steeler vrz Ratbirds

HTG, thank you, that means a lot to me. My father has endured a very rough year, including marital and business problems. Despite that, he's been there every step of the way for me during a year in which I've questioned my entire professional career, encountered medical problems, and have just generally had things go awfully. He's a good, hard-working, and kind-hearted man and it's time we put our prior problems in the past. This is just the first step in a long road, but I can't think of a better, more mutually-enjoyable way in which to begin. (Not to harp on the point, but I gave him the tickets this evening, tucked inside a Steelers Polo, so that he would have sufficient time to plan should he need to, and he was literally speechless...was a cool moment for me.)

That aside, I've gotta tell y'all - after being a fan for eleven years, I'll be attending my very first Steelers game this week and could not possibly be more pumped. Great scenario - the guys are really peaking lately, it's against the Ravens in the aftermath of an awful earlier performance due to which they're out for blood, and we've got another quasi-miraculous playoff berth on the line! My father and I are going to be in Section 234, and likely tailgating with a few of my friends from undergrad prior to the stadium opening, though I'm not sure precisely where. If anyone is interested, I'd be thrilled to offer a beer and a hot sausage - just drop me a PM, and I'll relay my cell number.

To all those planning on attending, I hope you have a great an experience as I inevitably will regardless of the outcome...and to all, safe travels, a very happy holiday season, and may all that you dream for in the new year come true...

-DJ
ThatGuy246 is offline   Reply With Quote