View Single Post
Old 12-23-2006, 11:24 AM   #4
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363
Default Re: Did something unusual last week, worked out pretty good I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosca View Post
I was driving down the road and I saw some guy with a sign that said "all trees $20". So I stopped, and he had some trees, and that sounded like a good deal so I bought one. The trees were pine trees.

I took it home and thought a while; the tree was so cheap because someone had chopped it off at the ground (no roots). I couldn't figure out what to do with it so I decided to stick it in some water and I put it inside the house so I could see it, things being so cold outside and all.

It was nice, but plain. So I dolled it up. See, I was at KMart and I was buying some detergent and towels and I saw where they had boxes of lights and little round balls, which I figured would do a nice job of making the tree pretty fancy. I bought some of them and I went home and put the lights all over the tree, and hung the colored balls, and really it looked pretty good.

I just figured I put this here and let folks know, it came out OK if anyone wants to try it too.
I love the idea of putting the tree inside...no need to have it confused with an "live" tree...and the whole idea of decorating it was a stroke of genius. Just a thought...since the guy was thoughtless enough to cut off the roots...try putting presents around the base of the tree to cover up the mistake...noone will be the wiser and it will go real nice with the decorations.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote