View Single Post
Old 12-29-2006, 04:14 AM   #21
SteelCzar76
Banned

Member Number: 2498
Default Re: LLT's Mock draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
Talent wise I agree with you 100%...but need...availability..and talent have to be considered...If you have a serious need at CB.. can you pass up the best three CB's in the first part of the first round, KNOWING that they will be picked by the beginning of the second?...I personally dont think this draft is SUPER deep at CB and look for teams to take a chance.

Of all my picks I agree with the majority that its Bush that is the biggest reach...(also Kolb from Houstan who I think I will be putting back into the first round before the draft actually gets here)...but I am sticking to my guns. I was lambasted for putting Jay Cutler in my top 10 last year amd now feel somewhat vindicated. (Still believe that Oakland should have grabbed him)

Well said LLT and I feel you,.....in regards to need and availability. But i think at least one of them would still be on the board early in the second. The reason i say this is because, i really believe that someone will select Texas Cb Aaron Ross (and very possibly Daymeion Hughes). Thereby dropping one of the aforementioned corners into the early second.

I honestly believe Laron Landry is the best "overall" Db coming out this year. And i think he would be a very good selection for us in the first. I know he's a F/S,... but he's played both Safety positions as well as Cornerback. I think that flexibilty along with his playmaking ability would make him an immediate "impact" player for us in the secondary. (Look at how his brother Dawan is performing for the Ratbirds,.....and he's not the player Laron is)
As far as Bush,....i don't think he's that big a "reach" in reality. His injury was a break with no ligament damage. (Not to mention very early in the season) If he rehabed properly he should be the same player he was prior to the injury.
Oh yeah,...... good call on Cutler. But you know the Raiders front office always goes with the "sexy" pick at a need position. (Unless of course that need is QB,.....they prefer "journeymen") LOL

"Hail Caesar,......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"
SteelCzar76 is offline   Reply With Quote