Old 01-02-2007, 11:09 PM   #8
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550
Default Re: THE OFFICIAL - Bash James Brown thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillers#1 View Post
Here now we can say why we didn't like him.

My reason, he was a woman beater. I don't care how much he contributed to the music industry. Pretty much everyone is saying that if you beat women and you don't contribute to society you're a bad person, but since he was a great musician, he gets a free pass.

BS!
I fail to see how paying respects to James Brown and remembering his contributions to the music industry is giving him a "free pass." Should we just forget about that altogether? I don't think that's fair or right. Gerald Ford just passed away - should we only remember his pardon of Nixon? When Nixon himself passed away, people still paid their respects and found positive things to say about him - should we have only focused on the Watergate scandal? How about Derrick Thomas and John Lennon and JFK or Bill Clinton for that matter - should people not remember the good that they did just because of their conduct in their personal lives? Was James Brown a perfect person? Obviously, he was not...but neither are you, me or anyone else.

Last edited by X-Terminator; 01-02-2007 at 11:13 PM.
X-Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote