View Single Post
Old 09-16-2005, 05:25 PM   #35
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70
Default Re: Ben's Status??..Update 9/16 Ben says I'll be playing..

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn...ic.php?t=17459

Ben Roethlisberger practiced with the Pittsburgh Steelers on Friday, but is still listed as questionable for Sunday's game in Houston.
Coach Bill Cowher said it likely would be a game-time decision. If Roethlisberger can't play, former starter Tommy Maddox will take his place.

Roethlisberger was held out Wednesday and Thursday with a bone bruise on his knee, and was downgraded from probable (75 percent chance of playing) to questionable (50 percent) by Cowher.

Roethlisberger, the 2004 NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year, is 14-0 as a regular-season starter. He was hurt while throwing for two touchdowns in a 34-7 victory Sunday over Tennessee, but was pulled from the game because of the big lead rather than the injury.

The Steelers normally hold out any players who do not practice on Friday, so Roethlisberger's participation could be a sign he might be ready to play. He didn't practice Wednesday and had only limited work Thursday.

"The biggest thing is just make sure I'm ready to play for Sunday," Roethlisberger said. "I'll be ready by Sunday, hopefully."

Maddox began the 2004 season as the Steelers' starter, but injured an elbow during a Week 2 loss to Baltimore and was replaced for the next 13 games by Roethlisberger. Maddox started once more the rest of the season, a Jan. 2 game at Buffalo in which Roethlisberger was held out with a minor injury.

The last time Pittsburgh played Houston, in 2002, Maddox had two interceptions and a fumble returned for touchdowns as the Steelers lost 24-6 despite outgaining the Texans by nearly 400 yards.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote