View Single Post
Old 01-08-2007, 01:01 PM   #76
sumo
Team Captain

Member Number: 3047
Default Re: John Kerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
Reagan and Clinton didn't encounter a terrorist attack like 911 during their terms in office, either. I can't answer for everyone else, but honestly - I feel more relaxed and secure living in the good ol' U.S. of A than I have felt in a long time. Bush most definitely has his faults (which President didn't?) and I don't agree with everything he does or has done, but the one thing I am certain of is that obviously, someone got the message that this country will stand up to terrorists and protect its people to the best of its ability.
I should have clarified more - when I met insecurity I wasn't referring to terrorist attacks - I was referring to the general uneasiness and lack of direction - I'm pretty neutral on Bush as a pres -I think he's done some good things, IMHO, his second term has just been strange - and I don't get a real warm and fuzzy feeling seeing Nancy Pelosi swarn in as Speaker of the House either...hard to explain, but I definetly do not share the same "relaxed and secure" feelings you do...I liked the mix of donkey in the whitehouse and elephants in congress --I really couldn't stand Clinton as a human being - and yes it's ok to require our pres to have strong moral character -- but I liked the mix of him in the white house and republicans with control of congress - it seemed to work well from a legislative/getting good things done standpoint - of course both sides want to take credit on their own -- now I'm rambling...

"The Bears are who we thought they were!!!! ..the Bears are who we thought they were!!!! ...you wanna crown their a--, then crown'em..." Dennis Green - voted Best Damn Quote by Fox Sports and Sumo-2006

Last edited by sumo; 01-08-2007 at 01:06 PM.
sumo is offline   Reply With Quote