View Single Post
Old 01-16-2007, 02:08 PM   #20
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327
Default Re: Bush reconsiders.... now off to the NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haiku_Dirtt View Post
I with Dan on this completely. I watched the XL replay for the first time yesterday and I can't say enough about the play of Alan Faneca...Hartings too. The blocking scheme on Parker's 75 yard TD looked automatic. I would have given Faneca the Super Bowl MVP. Starks (a precursor to his follow up season) looked clumsy and fortunate to be in the right place at the right time. Lost.

IMHO we must take the best offensive lineman available. Period. The situation with the O-line is almost dire. If you think Parker had trouble running against Baltimore last season...Oh and we get to play Jacksonville again.

Colon looks promising. Marvel Smith degressed but finished strong - against weaker teams. But if the murmurs about moving Simmons to center is any indication about the confidence in Okobi then that is just one more huge question mark. Who knows WTF we can expect from Essex or Kemoeatu. If anyone can see optimism in that then please forward the rose-colored glasses.

At LB we have alot of bodies on roster in terms of numbers at least. Time to shore up quality.
You make a couple of good points. However, if the situation is as dire as you predict (and it may be), then we don't have the ability to wait for the development of the player. We need to go out and get one through FA. Draft is better, but only if we can take some time to develop them.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote