View Single Post
Old 09-20-2005, 02:57 PM   #11
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Re: Bring on the Pats !!!!

I dont know - check your stats Steelers fans - im sure I posted just the same amount after the Carolina fiasco.

Anyways - this game should be very interesting.

The Steelers clearly have form and confidence on their side and dont appear to have really needed to get out of 2nd gear in their two games.

The Patriots on the other hand will have had a wake up call with the loss last week - there really wasn't one aspect of the Patriots game that I would rate above average (apart from run D)

The thing is - the Patriots are now battle hardened after making fairly heavy weather of the raiders first up and then getting beat the week after - the Steelers lack of high quality competition might well cost them in a game that is sure to be a slug-fest from beginning to end.

Who can tell how this game will pan out - assuming that the Pats can stop the flow of nonsense penalties then I would think the key for them would be stopping the run - and Wille Parker in particular.

Ben wobbled badly when forced to carry the team last year in the playoffs - the game plan will be to take away his biggest weapon - the playaction.

Should be a great match-up.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote