View Single Post
Old 09-21-2005, 04:28 PM   #20
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Re: Bring on the Pats !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer67
The one question I always had is that If Bill B. is such a genius....what happened with Cleveland???

Anyway, Pats aren't the same team, lost two great coordinators, depleted secondary, lost two starting middle linebackers....

The Steelers improved...O Line, recieving corps., running game (arguable), defensive line.

Anyway...I don't think the Pats are gonna get the fourth one this year...

Good related article:

Rooney, Walsh weigh in on Patriots dynasty

Hammer
Im sure you realise that a coach cant get it done if he doesn't have the raw materials to work with.

Two big factors in BB being a great success at NE

1. He has the support of the FO - alot is made of his almost psychic understanding with Scott Pioli - they both like the same type of player and they both have a similar vision of what they want to achieve with the Pats and how its going to get done.

2. BB didnt have Tom Brady at Cleveland - I sincerely believe that TB is the single biggest influence on the Pats success over the last 4 years - he has consistently got it done with a lack of top-line talent on the offensive side of the ball to help him.

I take it you were 'out' when the Pats won it all last year then....?

I believe it wouldnt be too unfair to call their secondary 'depleted' that year too.

How much have the Steelers really improved in them areas you noted?

Not to put too fine a point on it - you played to rank bad teams so far - ya won handsomely for sure - but were you ever really tested?

Alot will be revealed in 4 days time.

Cheers

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote