Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591
Default Re: Bill Cowhers fate...

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevestinks
Thier own fault!

How pumped where you for that game? I know that your a huge Steelers fan, so I know you were as jacked as I was! You couldnt tlak to me the morning of the game. If you were a cleveland fan that I live around, you knew better than to bust my balls that day. I couldnt sleep the night before. I was almost shaking, and sick to my stomach by kickoff. I was friggin stoked. If I were intense, and you were intense. Then why the frug wouldnt they be. This was the right to play in the superbowl. These are grown men. They played junior high, high school, college, and now pro. They know how to turn it up.

Did anyone ever think that just maybe, just maybe. We were beat by a better team. The Pats have just won 3 of 4 superbowls. Its not like it was a cake walk. Maybe it wasnt Cowhers fault. How many other teams have won 3 of 4 bowls? NONE. This is a damn good team.

Cowher turned a 6-10 team into a 15-1 team in just a season. Pretty friggin great, if you ask me.
I'll defer to Peyton Manning on this one. He was asked the question "How is it that the Patriots have had your number the last few years" in the latest Football Digest. He had a great answer, and I will try my best to convey what he said here...

Peyton said something along the lines of: "It's not necessarily what they do. They played a better game than we did last year, and we didn't play as good as we should have." While this sounds obvious, it's actually a Cliffs Notes version of a really informative article that I would encourage everyone, regardless of team allegience, to read.

Better team? Peyton didn't think the Pats were better. I don't think the Pats were more talented or better coached than the Steelers last year. I think we lost because our QB was out of his depth, and they took advantage of every opportunity we presented them, while we squandered all ours.

Eventually, though, if this keeps happening, the coach will be sacked. If you have a team that consistently misses out on opportunity, then you aren't properly preparing your players for it...or you are unlucky.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote