View Single Post
Old 01-27-2007, 10:48 PM   #1
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,194 Times in 3,490 Posts
Default 19 year old to be a 1st round pick?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9949399

pat kirwan was talking about this kid on tuesday, (he may have his numbers wrong cause today they said okoye was only 286 lbs.) but every indication through a weeks worth of practice and todays sr bowl game is that this guys stock is quickly rising. dick vermiel seems to think his age really doesnt matter.

Quote:
The most impressive athlete after one practice is 19-year-old defensive tackle Amobi Okoye from Louisville. The first thing that jumped out at me during his pass-rush drills and the 9-on-7 live running game drill was his explosive quickness and excellent technique. It's hard to comprehend that a kid only 19 years old is graduating from college and looks like the next Warren Sapp. Okoye is 6-foot-2 and 312 pounds with the legs of a running back. New Tampa Bay defensive line coach Larry Coyer could hardly contain his emotions coaching the teen-ager no one could block.

There is no substitute for evaluating football players in pads working against each other. I'll be here most of the week on the field, up close and personal with the Class of 2007.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote