Old 09-23-2005, 01:52 PM   #38
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,752 Times in 2,928 Posts
Default Re: Bring on the Pats !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
You think there is no chance that that Cowher will let Big Ben come out throwing then? I know its the Steelers way to pound the ground - but I remember alot of complaints this off-season that recent Steelers teams have suffered from a lack of variety in their offensive play-calling.

Lets face it - if you are sitting at home (and are presumably not a current NFL football coach) then you seem to almost know as much as Cowher does about the shape your offense is going to take sunday - this cant be a good thing can it?

Cheers

NM
ben had 200 yds and 2 td by halftime of the 1st game and looked like he was gonna have the same by half of last weekend. while they do run alot its not like they havnt come out with guns firing. they just like to take big chunks at a time rather than dinking and dunking it downfield. while they got the personnel to do that i kinda think its counter productive. it dont help the steelers with time of possession and it doesnt keep their defense fresh. while cowher is predictable, it is by design. 16 times last year they won with the formula in place and everyone knows it. 2 times they lost. pretty good odds. they tried the spread formation and greatest show on turf route. it contributed to a 6-10 season (and thankfully the #11 pick in last years draft.)
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote