View Single Post
Old 09-24-2005, 03:01 AM   #1
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70
Thumbs up Staley ready to take a shot at the Pats...Upgraded to Probable

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05267/577028.stm

Duce Staley passes out bullets to his teammates before every game, a sign he is ready to go to war.

And, make no mistake, he is ready to go against New England.

"I'm going to go," Staley said. "I don't know how much. I can't make that decision, but I'll go out and see where I'm at. Hopefully, it will be on the lines of the old Duce."

Staley, who started 10 games in 2004, hasn't been in uniform since the last time the Steelers played the Patriots -- a 41-27 defeat in the AFC championship game in January. He sustained a cartilage tear in his knee in training camp and missed the entire preseason and the first two games of the regular season.

But, after practicing every day the past two weeks, Staley has been upgraded to probable and will dress against the Patriots. However, he will serve as a backup to Willie Parker, the AFC's leading rusher with 271 yards in two games.

And that means distributing bullets as a part of his pregame ritual.

"I let them know we're going to war," Staley said. "I give them to all the soldiers -- [Alan] Faneca, Marvel [Smith], Danny [Krieder] -- and I tell them shoot these bullets and come and save me. And they come and save me."
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote