View Single Post
Old 02-07-2007, 07:50 AM   #908
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413
Default Re: Pens Tidbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
Very impressive win by the Pens tonight - I honestly thought it wasn't a good matchup at all for them, particularly defensively. I thought the Preds would skate all around them, but I was happily proven wrong! Everyone stepped up and played solid team defense, and matched Nashville stride for stride. Our D may not be as mobile as Nashville's, but they've shown that they aren't slouches, getting to loose pucks all night and playing good, positional defense while not taking a lot of penalties. Fleury was solid again in goal; Crosby, Staal and Malkin were great again and the ageless Mark Recchi had another good game. This might be their most impressive effort of the season - they pretty much dominated the top team in the league from start to finish.

Next up are our favorite whipping boys, the Flyers. Let's hope the Pens don't have a letdown - the Flyers have actually been playing some decent hockey lately and should not be taken lightly.
I had tix for that game but gave them to my son and his friend, as I was down at the hospital most of the day and evening. I watched a little of the game down there and got home in time to see the entire 3rd period - what a whale of a game the Pens played...again....against a pretty darned good team.

This team is playing some kick-arse hockey right now and look even stronger with every game. The remainder of the season should be quite exciting as they try to stay in position for a playoff spot. It's going to be a fun ride!

The Anti-Wahoo