View Single Post
Old 02-08-2007, 10:20 AM   #918
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009
Default Re: Pens Tidbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidboot View Post
Pens fans.......go get Todd Fedoruk. He's an UFA at the end of the year and would be a real good pickup for the Pens.

Crosby has to have that "Dave Semenko" on the team like Gretzky had or he's gonna take more and more abuse.

That or Crosby should just drop the gloves....I know, I know, you don't want him fighting but he's got to stand up for himself ESPECIALLY if the Pens FO doesn't pick someone up to protect him.

and just not Crosby....Malkin and Staal also.
Personally, I don't want to see a trade of any kind. Why mess with something that's working? We are rolling over four lines beautifully and I really don't see the point in bringing in a goon in order to mess that up. We have a pack mentality.

We don't like players going after Sid? Take out the opposing teams best man. See how they like it. At this point, I wouldn't change a thing. I don't think fighting changes much of anything in the new NHL. Hitting/checking does. Pens vs Habs game. The Habs took liberties. Armstrong laid out Koivu and we end up with a 10 minute PP in which we scored two PP goals. After scoring those two goals I can't imagine many on that Hab roster thinking to themselves "Boy, that was smart of us to go after Sid like that" while also watching their star player laid out on the ice courtesy of Colby Armstrong. I'll take that over two goons punching each other in the head. Don't get me wrong, I love a good fight, but between the pack mentality (fight or crush their best man) and our lethal PP I'll be more than happy to take what we have right now.

Just my opinion but I guess we will see if Shero goes out and picks up a goon in the next 19 days.