View Single Post
Old 02-09-2007, 08:59 AM   #18
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363
Default Re: The Non Smack Version of Who Is the Best QB in the AFC-N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosca View Post
I think that for 2 of his 3 seasons Roethlisberger has shown himself to be an excellent quarterback, with a good arm, toughness, and good game sense. It is just as unfair to rate him below Palmer solely on last season as it is to rate him ahead of Palmer based on SB trophies.

Honestly, it's too early in Ben's career to make the comparison. He hasn't matured into whatever type of talent he is going to be. You know I have a lot of respect for Carson Palmer. Palmer has developed into a quality player. Roethlisberger has the potential to develop into a player that may be as good or better.

Skillset, right now: Palmer.
Potential for development: Roethlisberger.
Proven value over career: NcNair.

If I needed to win one game tomorrow, and all the other players are the current Steelers (disregarding things like chemistry, learning plays, etc): Palmer.

If I wanted to win as many championships as possible over the next 10 years: Roethlisberger.

Tom
Excellent points Mosca...and that criteria is what I am Picking Ben on.....20 years from now..noone is going to look back and say...."Ben won "X" amount of playoffs and 'X' amount of superbowls..BUT Carson Palmer may have had more than a average career if he would have played for a better team.
It may not be fair..But the END result is what people will judge them by...and Ben will have the better career....If Carson wants to have a chance to be what he is capable of..he needs to say goodbye to Marvin Lewis and the Bengals...(and that is not smack...but reality)
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote