Member Number: 2413
Default Re: Pens Tidbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786 View Post
http://post-gazette.com/pg/07045/762313-100.stm

Penguins rally past Chicago, 5-4, in shootout

Wednesday, February 14, 2007
By Dave Molinari, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The Penguins didn't make it look easy last night.

Quite the opposite, really.

But despite failing to protect a multiple-goal lead for the third game in a row, they finally did find a way to defeat Chicago, 5-4, in a shootout at Mellon Arena to extend their current streak to 12-0-2.

Erik Christensen beat Blackhawks goalie Nikolai Khabibulin for the deciding goal; Evgeni Malkin also scored for the Penguins, while Sidney Crosby was stopped.

Goalie Marc-Andre Fleury of the Penguins denied Martin Havlat and Bryan Smolinski.

Penguins rookie Jordan Staal was held without a goal for the first time in six games, while Crosby failed to get one for his eighth game in a row, the longest such slump of his pro career.

Although a standing-room crowd of 17,051 was announced, team officials estimated that about 15,400 fans actually attended the game.

Craig MacDonald gave Chicago a 1-0 lead with a shorthanded goal at 8:29 of the opening period, when he chipped a shot past Fleury from the right side of the crease.
WOO HOO!!!! Way to go Pens! I didn't get to see the game as I fell asleep around 7 PM after all of the shoveling and snow-blowing, but it seems I missed a great game!

I think 15.400 people braving the weather here yesterday was a definite indication of how much our Pens are loved here in this city.

The Anti-Wahoo