IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,125 Times in 4,605 Posts
Default Re: Waltrip?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43 View Post
Ahh, I see.

Follow up question. Are these racers (Waltrip and Gordon) aware of what what's going on with the crew chiefs? In other words, are they in on it or do the crew chiefs go behind their backs and try to pull it off?
i thought you might like to see a little perspective on this as opposed to how nfl teams (particularly the bungles) handle such situations. remember how albert haynesworth was applauded for being "contrite"?

heres some words you will NEVER hear mike brown say in regards of his organization and employees:

http://www.nascar.com/2007/news/head...backing/1.html

Quote:
A couple hours after being informed of NASCAR's decision, Waltrip issued a statement that disassociated himself and his organization, not from personal responsibility, but from any knowledge of the act.

"This is not the action of an organization, a manufacturer or a sponsor -- this was an independent act done without consent or authorization from me or any of my executive management team," Waltrip said in the statement. "As an owner, I realize I am ultimately held responsible for the actions of my employees, therefore I accept the penalties issued [Wednesday] by NASCAR."

Aust said any appeals of the penalties or decisions to terminate employees were Michael Waltrip Racing's responsibility. Thursday morning, Waltrip said he would wait for the investigation to play out before he made that decision.

"In the past 12 months, Michael Waltrip Racing has hired more than 150 people and we currently employ more than 200," Waltrip said. "Although we have grown at an accelerated pace, it has been our mission to hire people with high moral value and character to properly represent our sponsors and our ownership.

"During preparations for the 2007 season and especially the 2007 Daytona 500, I specifically requested that our competition teams not disrespect NASCAR, our competitors or our sponsors by blatantly circumventing the rules.

"I respect NASCAR's rules, its people and the sport's integrity, which is why I am so sad and embarrassed. I am dedicated to get to the bottom of this because I will not let the independent act of an individual or individuals tarnish the incredible accomplishment my organization has made to be where we are today."

Waltrip in a Thursday morning news conference said he had considered withdrawing his No. 55 Camry from the day's Gatorade Duel qualifying race for the Daytona 500, but declined. Waltrip later raced his way into his 21st consecutive 500 by finishing ninth in his race, the first go-or-go-home driver.

He also fields Nextel Cup Camrys for Dale Jarrett, who is a guaranteed starter thanks to his past champion status, and rookie David Reutimann; a Camry in the Busch Series for Reutimann; and a Toyota Tundra in the Craftsman Truck Series for Tyler Walker.

Waltrip was extremely contrite in his morning briefing and expressed the same concern in his statement Wednesday night.

"I want to apologize to the other owners," Waltrip said, "who know how hard I've worked to get here in such a short period of time, NASCAR, Toyota, NAPA, all my sponsors, the drivers and especially the fans."
you mightve seen the clip on sportscenter where he felt especially bad when his 9 year old girl asked why daddy got in trouble for cheating.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote