83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009
Default Re: Pens Tidbits

Notebook: Crosby, Ovechkin rivalry featured in NHL ad

By Karen Price
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Sunday, February 18, 2007

Sidney Crosby only had one line in the NHL's promotional ad that was filmed January during the NHL All-Star Game, but it was a good one.

The commercial, titled "Road Trip," opens with Washington Capitals star Alex Ovechkin ordering room service for one in his hotel room -- lots and lots of room service.

As the clip moves to other NHLers acting up -- brothers Jordan and Eric Staal have a pillow fight in their room -- it always goes back to Ovechkin ordering more and more food. Finally, Ovechkin says, "My name? Sidney Crosby," and the commercial cuts immediately to Crosby opening his door to a huge delivery.

His one line -- snarling the name "Ovechkin" -- wasn't one he got down right off the bat, either.

"It took a lot (of takes), just because of the lighting or I didn't say it the right way," Crosby said. "They have to be so precise for a two-second clip."

As of yesterday, Crosby hadn't seen the commercial, available on YouTube.

"I haven't heard too much about it," he said. "But it was fun to do."

Ovechkin on a slide

Crosby ended an eight-game stretch without a goal when he scored Friday against the New Jersey Devils. Ovechkin probably knows how Crosby felt. Although he owned or shared the league lead in goals for most of January, Ovechkin has scored only once in the last six games, and his total of 34 has him in a tie with Anaheim's Teemu Selanne for second in the league going into yesterday's games. They trailed league leader Vincent Lecavalier by five goals.

Thibault back in net

With back-to-back games today and Monday (at the New York Islanders), goaltender Jocelyn Thibault will get the start against the Capitals. It is his first game since Jan. 27, when he made 22 saves in a win over the Phoenix Coyotes.

Quotable

"I'd like to say I was aiming for the corner. But I was just trying to get it to the net, hoping something good would happen. It did." Defenseman Rob Scuderi, on scoring his second NHL goal in 124 career games Friday against the New Jersey Devils.

Quotable, part two

"I like the chemistry of our team. That's the most important thing. I like the players. I like what our players are giving to us. I like their commitment, and that's my main focus." Coach Michel Therrien, when pressed on whether there might be pressure to make a trading deadline deal with the team playing so well.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_493762.html