Old 02-18-2007, 11:22 AM   #8
SteelShooter
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 2156
Cool Re: BIG Recievers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43 View Post
I feel the Steelers should always keep an eye out for a WR over 6'2-6'3. Just because we won a Super Bowl minus Plaxico doesn't mean we don't "need" or should not "want" a tall/deep threat WR.

As for Walter Young, I like his build but I'm not sure how confident the Steelers are in his abilities. He's been around for some time now and is not exactly climbing the ladder on the depth chart. I always thought Young looked good in camp/pre-season. He's a tall, stretch the field type of guy...but Washington passed him up on the depth chart. Even Washington had a tendancy of dropping passes (in the endzone nonetheless) last season.

IMO, either through FA or the draft this team needs to pick up a WR. I really don't have all that much confidence in Cedrick Wilson or Washington. In the beginning of this season I thought our WR core would have performed better. I was dead wrong. Minus Holmes I wasn't impressed.
I agree with everything except the Nate Washington portion. The kid was on a learning curve. It's hard to get out of your head the fact that someone is about to nail you that, more than likely, outweighs you by 40 "+" pounds. He did well for a newbie to regular rough NFL play.

I also REALLY like LLT's comment: "If Tomlin decided that a Big Reciever was a must...at #15 we could get Sidney Rice out of South Carolina...Height: 6-4 Weight: 202 lbs .. with 4.48 forty" - the kid is FAST, TALL, and has serious potential.

Siss nailed it as well; Ben DOES like big receivers.....let's up the comfort factor for him as well.

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." -Ambrose Redmoon.
SteelShooter is offline   Reply With Quote